Creating A Next-Level Print Experience for Your Customers
Hot foil stamping and sleeking are dynamic special effects you can use when you need to make sure your print piece conveys high-quality effort, special meaning, and unique brand recognition.
We can help you separate your materials from the standard white edge approach with these eye-popping, reflective and sensory effects that implement vivid color and unique texture. When your message is important enough to demand the attention of your audience, let our experienced technicians help your designs come to life with these unique special embellishments.
Particularly useful for things like greeting cards, invitations and announcements, hot foil stamping and sleeking can be used across all kinds of materials, whether with simple finishes like gloss or matte, metalized backgrounds like gold or silver, or dramatic holographic impressions in spot locations or full coverage.
Sample Gallery (Select To View Larger)
What’s the difference between hot foil stamping and sleeking? Let’s break it down:
Foil Stamping: The application of metallic or pigmented foil onto a solid surface by the application of a heated die onto foil, making it permanently adhere to the surface below leaving the design of the die. Because a die is used, this process creates a raised impression of the design to be foil stamped onto the surface of the substrate. This also results in a highly reflective image.
So, not only are there several vivid color options available to catch the eye of your intended audience, there’s also a sensory 3D effect that is sure to create a long-lasting experience for end users.
- The pressure-based process with use of die creates raised 3D result sensitive to the touch
- A combination foil-emboss die can be used to achieve foil-stamping and embossing images in one pass
- Can be utilized with all types of paper stocks
- Numerous options of foil colors and effects are available, including gloss, matte, gold, silver, white, clear, pearlescent, rainbow, holographic, etc.
A special digital image transfer using pressure and heat that specifically bonds to digital ink and some toners on printed surfaces, allowing you to create a highly unique marketing experience. Because it’s digital, no dies are needed, making it an excellent option as an on-demand foil stamping solution for any short-run needs.
Sleeking can also be used to apply simple lamination or printable laminates and foils, with a variety of finishes including soft touch.
- Requires no dies, making it a cost-effective option for small print runs
- Versatile and can be used with spot UV or gloss, and can be overprinted with any color
- Has the ability to use digital variable data
- Fast and easy turnaround time
Your Designs + Our Expertise
As with any print technique, understanding the best ways to use foil stamping and sleeking can make all the difference in the final results. Whatever direction you choose, you can rest assured that TEAM maintains the highest standards in color quality, reliability and consistency to ensure that your project meets—or exceeds—your expectations.
When considering hot foil stamping and sleeking, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
- Smoother surfaces seem to allow for sleeking foil to adhere best
- We see the best results with coated papers, but uncoated papers work fine as well, they just might require more hits of ink
- Provides greatest contrast when using darker colored paper stocks
- Offers a creative alternative to standard white edges
By taking advantage of vibrant color, metallic ink or foil, hot foil stamping and sleeking offer a unique creative alternative as part of the many special effects and embellishments TEAM offers. And both our digital printing and conventional offset printing capabilities are equipped with state-of-the-art technology that’s sure to meet the toughest demands.
Feel free to contact us to learn more about how we can take your print projects to the next level!