Dynamic Special Effects You Can See… and Feel!
The best print pieces make you feel something, activate your senses, and take a blank page and make it come alive with attention-grabbing special effects. We understand the importance of differentiation in your marketing efforts, and its ultimate goal of revenue generation. Our recognition in this area speaks for itself.
That’s why we create embossing and debossing effects that not only jump off your print and packaging visually, they create a game-changing tactile experience as well. You’ve probably seen embossed content before—it’s almost impossible not to touch it. Simply put, when a design presses below the surface of the paper, it’s debossed. When it rises above the page, it’s embossed. And the art can be as simple as basic lettering or as complex as multi-level decorations and patterns.
The kind of differentiation embossing can bring to your marketing materials will be sure to pique curiosity, and with curiosity comes a desire to learn more about your product and brand. Impressed logos, lettering and graphics are a unique way to draw attention to your printed piece. As part of our special effects and embellishments capabilities, TEAM offers the option of creating embossed lettering and images using a variety of techniques, including:
- Blind Embossing: Raised image or lettering without the use of ink to create elegant, subtle textured finishes.
- Foil Embossing: Combines the techniques of foiling and embossing to produce a highly finished look.
- Register Embossing: The embossing of inked images or lettering provides a creative custom finish.
- Debossing: Recessing an image or lettering into the paper (rather than raising it) for a highly unique and stylized finished appearance.
Sample Gallery (Select To View Larger)
These contrasting changes in texture will help the surface of your materials stand out and bring new, compelling features to your branding efforts that will keep consumers intrigued. The kinds of effects you can expect to see include:
- 3D: Raising and/or lowering some of the features of your print piece can result in sharp or rounded—almost sculptured—elements that add an entirely new dimension to you marketing materials.
- Varying Levels: A multi-level emboss or deboss approach can help you create varying levels of texture—sometimes with 3D elements—that will be sensitive to the touch.
Embossing or debossing have a powerful impact in the utilization of haptic marketing, where emotions are more likely to be captured by increased sensory of touch and 3D imagery. It compels the consumer to want to feel the embossed section as they take in the visual message simultaneously, making for a memorable brand experience.
When to use an emboss or deboss
These effects are most popular on business cards, brochures, and luxury print items like invitations to create a lasting impression. However, they’re not restricted to any type of print project, and can be used with ink or without to create incredibly effective marketing materials, including packaging.
Whether applying ink or not, manipulating the paper to leave a raised or recessed impression creates an image where highlights and shadows generate a subtle yet effective effect that can be used on an array of different papers and card to produce extremely memorable marketing materials.
It's important to consider, however, that the quality and depth of embossing or debossing embellishments can depend on the intricacy of the design and the weight of the paper being used. Generally speaking, thick, bold text and larger block images can be embossed the deepest and heavier, high cotton content papers produce the best finished result.